It is important for you to follow these guidelines before your procedure to prevent delays or cancellations.
Food and Drink
Please follow the prep instructions that were given to you by your physicians office. If you have questions regarding those instructions please contact your physician’s office, or call us at 619-497-2888 and we can help you.
Do not eat anything after midnight. Do not drink anything within 3 hours of your scheduled check in time. Allowed liquids must be “clear liquids” that you can see through. No creamer or milk in coffee.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your procedure.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all jewelry before your procedure and leave at home.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings. No high heels please.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Doctor If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting, or diarrhea within the last two weeks.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your procedure. You can discuss this with your sphysician.
What You Need The Day Of The Procedure:
- Information To Bring Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers, and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your procedure.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department at 619-497-2888 as soon as possible.